system renaming constraints?

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_nospambigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:39:22 -0500

Ver odd problem.. I have two 8.1.5 instances. I'm taking an export from one, call it
DEV, and importing a user into another , call it PROD. In PROD, I drop this user cascade first and recreate the user. When I do an import from the export created from PROD I get about 2/3rd's of the way through the table imports and I get a
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 2264: ALTER TABLE "STAGINGGROUP" ADD CONSTRAINT "SYS_c006489" foreign key .... ... .. references... ... . IMP_00003: Oracle error 2264 encountered ORA-02264: name already used by an existing constraint

But the kicker, is when I check to see where that constraint exists, I find that it was
just imported 7 lines earlier!! It's on a table that was JUST imported. Which means
that the export file has duplicate constraint names in it, or the import engine is renaming
them, and on top of it, it is paying no attention to unique naming conventions.
The PRE-existing constraint has a totally different system genereted id in DEV, so
what is going on?

I'm calling in on this one..
Oracle 8.1.5 AIX 4.2.3
- Dc.