Re: Milliseconds and DATE field

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:57:14 -0800

This is in fact incorrect. The DATE datatype does NOT include milliseconds. This is a much requested enhancement, though. The only way I know of getting milliseconds is using the GET_TIME function. You would need to store the milliseconds as a separate number column, then concatenate them for user display.

HTH. Pete