HP-UX stored C procedure NO PERMISSION (how to do this)

From: Huibert Kreb <hkreb_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:20:26 +0100

On HP-UX in Oracle 8.1.5 I am trying to use a stored prcedure to read data from Oracle and put the data to MQSeries. This procedure (written in Pro*C) is compiled and linked with the right options to create a shared library. The .so file is copied to $ORACLE_HOME/lib with owner oracle and dba rigths. In Oracle the procedure and library (pointing to the .so file) are defined.

However, when I try to run the procedure from SQL*PLUS, I get the error NO PERMISSION.
When I call the procedure from a test program (linking the library into the testprogram), the procedure works fine.

Where did I miss something ?

Has somebody used stored C procedures before on HP-UX ? Can somebody provide me with a cookbook how to do this ?

With kind regards,
Huibert Kreb Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 15:20:26 CST