PO import tool

From: Francesco Zavatarelli <fzavat_at_wen.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:25:54 +0100

Using Personal Oracle v 8 (Win 95) I have many problems with the graphical import / export tools.

1 - When I import from ASCII file with tab delimiters into P.O. tables, all the spaces are removed.
For instance:
I have a table with two fields only (VARCHAR2) I have an ASCII file with the following record: abc def <tab> ghi lmn <end of line> (Note the spaces between "abc" and "def") I Import data
And the result I see in the table is: 1st field: abcdef - 2nd field: ghilmn (Spaces are gone!)

2- I export data from a table T into FRED ascii file, I empty the table T, I import data from FRED file into table T. Often I get an error ("Too many values"). But the number of fields are obviously the same.

Thanks Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 05:25:54 CST