Re: Calculating Oracle database i/o per second

From: Neil Greene <hmgreene_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:48:50 -0800

In article <s5h4r5juqrs181_at_corp.supernews.com>, akaplan_at_interaccess.com says...
> In INIT.ORA, set TIMED_STATISTICS=TRUE. Then restart the database instance.
>
> Then you can run "$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlbstat.sql" to start gathering
> statistics. When you are
> ready to see the file reads/writes, run
> "$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlestat.sql". You will also find dozens of
> usefull pieces of information about your database.

Opps! I should have been more specific. I am looking for a way to collect this data at an interval, lets say every min, or every 3 min, and plot io/sec over the interval. In fact, I am looking for a way to plot the "Physical I/O" graph like that found in Quest Instance Monitor.