Re: Index rebuilding (was: change index in tablespace)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 07:02:59 +0100

Index deteroriate by deletes but also when inserting at one logical end of the index only, for instance when a date is involved, only recent dates. This will eventually force a new level to be added to the B+-tree. The tree will be rebuilt, so will be correct and balanced using alter index rebuild. Apparently you didn't specify any storage parameters. In this case Oracle will more or less accurately compute the size of the index.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA