Re: Problem with listener and oracle instance

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:22:50 -0500

If you're using SQL*Net 2.3 (Oracle7), the proper syntax is user/passwd_at_2:orcl when you're trying to connect from the host's console (Oracle8 does not support the "2:" bit though).

Otherwise, you need to install a SQL*Net client on the host and create a "database alias", then
try user/passwd_at_alias.

Sylvain Leclerc, DBA
sleclerc_at_magrit.com