Newbie Q: Local DB on Laptop ?

From: Jannette <jannetteyiu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:54:50 GMT

I have Oracle8 Enterprise NT Client on my laptop. I'd like to copy data from the DB on the server to my HD so I can work as well as practice SQL on SQL*Plus off the network.
Question:

1) I will have to install the DBMS right ?
2) I have Personal Oracle8 can I use it?
3) If Yes, one of PO8 install options is "Runtime Installation:
"Database only", is this for me ?

Thanks for your help !

janette

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 15:54:50 CST