Re: PACKAGE EXECUTION help

From: Erik <ecotsonas_at_saraswati.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 18:22:53 GMT

if 'b_variable' is really supposed to be a variable, then you should not put the single quote around the variable.

Erik

In article <f4cd5ssbtiga0eqcuurkf0orb55b6rchmg_at_4ax.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to ZC <zuin_chn_at_my-deja.com>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:39:06 GMT, you wrote:
>
> >I have a package that has a update and delete procedure. When trying
> >run the package, through a reference, the execution is sucessful.
When I
> >check the table no changes occured. Are the any suggestions on why
the
> >table hasn't changed. There are to integrity constraints on the
table.

> >this is what is in the package:
> >
> >UPDATE wpok
> >SET x = 'a_variable'
> >WHERE y = 'b_variable';
> >

> in the package add to it:
>
> ..
> update wpok
> set x = 'a_variable'
> where y = 'b_variable';
>
> dbms_output.put_line( sql%rowcount || ' rows updated' );
> ..
>
> run the packaged procedure in sqlplus with "set serveroutput on"
enabled. see
> how many rows are updated.
>
> Are there any rows in the table where y equals the
STRING 'b_variable'?

> if 'b_variable' really means you are using a VARIABLE, not a constant
as you
> have shown above, is b_variable a VARCHAR and Y a CHAR?
>

> >any suggestions on what is wrong.
> >

> >thanks ZC
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.
>
> --
> See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated
June 21'st

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

--
Erik
Consultant

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 12:22:53 CST