Importing TAB-delimited data

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:41:00 GMT

Any advice on how I can import TAB delimited file into Oracle? I cannot use DELIMITED BY WHITESPACE b/c

If TERMINATED BY WHITESPACE is specified, data is read until the first occurrence of a whitespace character (space, tab, newline). Then the current position is advanced until no more adjacent whitespace characters are found. This allows field values to be delimited by varying amounts of whitespace

but my street column will surely have whitespaces

I tried doing this thru Access (it has the Tab-delimited feature), but got ODBC call failed (maybe b/c it's too large or something, its like 200K records)

Thanx.

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email