PMON: terminating instance due to error 601 on Linux (SuSE)

From: Thomas Richter <richter_at_chemie.fu-berlin.de>
Date: 15 Dec 1999 14:43:02 GMT

Hi,

my Oracle 8.1.5 EE installation on a Linux/SuSE 6.2 system
(2 CPU SMP, 512MB RAM) crashes in unregular intervals
(once a week up to three times a day) with the given
message in the alert log file and a corresponding message
(error 601 detected in background process) in the pmon
trace file.

Does anybody know cause or cure for this problem?

--
Thomas Richter <richter_at_chemie.fu-berlin.de> "Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers - weird is part of the job." ST:VOY Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 08:43:02 CST