Redo Copy Latch Contention

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:00:25 GMT

The last several days, I have been testing the effects of the LOC_SIMULTANEOUS_COPIES init.ora parameter to reduce Redo Copy Latch contention we are experiencing. Originally it was set to 12. I increased it to 24, the contention appeared to get slightly worse. I decreased it to 8, the contention appeared to decrease back to what it was when it was set at 12. Different performance tuning books have stated that the above init.ora parameter should be at least set to the number of processors on your system. Others have said that it should be up to 2 times the number of processors of your system.

We are experiencing 94% misses on the Redo Copy Latches. These misses are primarily during nightly batch. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
Eric Peterson
Programmer/Analyst DBA
eric_petersonNO_at_mauricesSPAMMERS.inrg.com

Please note that any views I have expressed are purely my own and not that of my employer. To email me remove teh NO and the SPAMMERS.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 07:00:25 CST