Re: 2 databases in one box

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 00:46:58 -0500

Yes, each instance has its own SGA. If you don't cut the combined size of all active SGAs to under 50% of RAM you will be able to test the paging capability of your system ;-)

To run OPS you need two boxes, preferably identical, with the hardware feature that permits Data Manipulation Locks (DML) for loosely coupled multiprocessors AKA clusters.

hth
Jerry Gitomer

--
Once I figured out how to spell DBA I became one Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 23:46:58 CST