2 databases in one box

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:27:18 GMT

Oracle 8i for Solaris.

Plan to create 2 databases (accessed by two instances) in one box. My understanding is they will use their own SGA, has their own background process(such as smon). So the sum of two SGA is still limited by the RAM of the box.

Am I right? Thanks!

BTW, if we want to use OPS, what's the hardware requirement for OPS(the baisc requirement, not the ideal ones)?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 22:27:18 CST