Statistics

From: Stephan Hartmann <Stephan_Hartmann_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:34:26 +0100

We were running our programm on Oracle 7.3.4 without statistics.

To increase the performance we analyzed the the tables. The result was that some querys get faster, but some get slower.

In Oracle HTML-Help you can read that you should set OPTIMIZER GOAL to First Rows if you ' re running an interactive application and all Rows if f you're not interactive ynd you want to safe resources.

The FIRST ROWS Parameter works fine on our datatables, but each access of the oracle
datadictionairy is very slow now. We're programming in Delphi, and the Delphi BDE uses
the Datadictionairy excessively.

Why is Oracle using the same optimizer mode for his own datadictionairy tables and the user data,

or where is our fault ?

regards

Stephan Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 16:34:26 CST