Re: Oracle 8i Linux (Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1)

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:14:30 -0800

Luc Lalonde wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm wondering if any of you have had this error when trying to run the
> installer:
>
> Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please
> wait...
> Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
> : Bad address
>
> I'm using the recommended version of JRE1.1.6v5 which is installed in
> the above path. My kernel is 2.2.14pre12 but the rest is Redhat6.1.
> I'm taking the DBA admin course and would like to practice at home.
>
> Thanks, Luc.
> Please CC the above e-mail address (luc_lalonde_at_videotron.ca)

This should be in the FAQ (is there one?). I was asking this myself a couple of weeks ago and have seen this same question every two or three days since then.

Use ./install/linux/runIns.sh instead of ./runInstaller.

Also, I see you are using jre 1.1.6v5. Some people have reported other problems with jre 1.1.6v5 which was fixed by using jre 1.1.7v3 instead.

HTH, Greg

--

Gregory McCann
http://www.calypteanna.com

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." Saint Philo of Alexandria Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 14:14:30 CST