Re: Installing 8.1.5 on RedHat 6.1 - anyone ..

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 12:05:10 -0800

David Frenkiel wrote:

> i'm not sure if this will help but you could try using a
> different window manager.
>
> i believe that there are some problems with the oracle
> installer when running enlightment.

[snip]

I read that an older version of enlightenment had problems. However I believe that the enlightenment version that comes with RH 6.1 is ok. I used it (and gnome) with jre 1.1.7v3 for my 8i install.

Greg

--

Gregory McCann
http://www.calypteanna.com

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." Saint Philo of Alexandria Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 14:05:10 CST