SQL*LDR and EXP, IMP(Urgent)

From: NJN <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Dec 1999 14:31:51 EST

Oracle 8i for Solaris.

Use the following statement to generate a flat file: (use CTRL-F as delimiter)

set termout off
set feedback off
set verify off
set heading off

spool flatfile
select col_1||'ctrl-F'||col_2||'ctrl-F'||.......||col_end from table;
spool off

My questions:

  1. This table has lots of columns, several are defined as varchar2(256). Each row of table retrived in the flat file is divided into several lines. How to fix this? set linesize...(?) Where can I find the help info about sqlldr and sqlldr control file? I don't have the manual right now.

Anyway, does my way for generating flat file and loading into table work?

2. Can SQLLDR be used to load data into existing table which already has some data? If yes, how? I don't have to manual in my hand.

3. Can IMPORT be used to load into existing table which already has some data? If yes, how?

Thanks for help!!!! Pl,ease also email me a copy! Urgent without manual! Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 13:31:51 CST