Create Table question...

From: <alan_psb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:13:48 GMT

   I created the following table: (Ver 7.3.3)

CREATE TABLE test (

A   NUMBER(3)   CONSTRAINT test_pk_a PRIMARY KEY,
B   NUMBER(4)   CONSTRAINT test_fk_b REFERENCES test2,
C   DATE        CONSTRAINT test_nn_date NOT NULL,
D NUMBER(3))
TABLESPACE testing
/

   i) Is it possible to specify the tablespace of the primary key on the above DDL in Oracle? Or it must use another statement to change the index's (i.e. primary key) tablespace?

   ii) Apart from the primary key constraint, did other constraints (e.g. foreign key and NOT NULL) also use tablespace to store the information?

   iii) After the above SQL statement has been processed, then issue the following SQL statement:

   create table test3 tablespace testing3 as select * from test;

   How do I specify the primary key (and its tablespace) of table test3 by using the above SQL statement?

Thanks,
Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 07:13:48 CST