SQL*NET

From: Ben Hands <handsb_at_isco.purdue.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:14:31 -0500

I am trying to configure my NT clients so they can run old SQL*FORMS and

reports connecting to an Oracle 8i database over TCP/IP. I have done it using DECNet to Oracle 7 but now I must connect to an NT Oracle 8i server which listens on TCP.
Anyone know anything about SQL*NET to Net8 connection setup? Or NT client SQL*NET setup?
I know a large part of my problem is my connect string in my config.ora file. I am of course used to DECNet connect strings! I recieve the unknown host code when I try and connect despite setting the hostname in the lmhosts file.
When I specify the IP instead of the host I am told orasrv is not set up

in my services file, however it is!!
Help! Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 14:14:31 CST