Re: URGENT : Backdoor required for corrupt redo

From: Tapan Trivedi <tapan.trivedi_at_abbnm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:00:16 -0600

Neil,
Hi. This is what the Revealnet says about the same. Startup with a corrupted redo log

                   There may be situations where you need to startup with a
corrupted redo log. In this case there is an init.ora parameter that allows this:

_ALLOW_RESETLOGS_CORRUPTED=TRUE

                   However, this will startup even if it results in corrupted
data, so only use it if you have to and only to startup long enough to get an export of critical data. Use only under the guidance of Oracle Support.

This however works only with corrupted redo logs. You seem to have LOST your redo logs.
I would say that you should perform a cancel based recovery till you reach a log which you have.

Tapan