Re: failed to extend rollback segment

From: Rob Calfee <trace_at_primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:34:23 -0700

Another thing to try is to commit more often. If you are doing alot of inserts/updates, can you commit, say, every 400 to 500 transactions so that it doesn't fill up the rollback segment that it is using. Try using PL/SQL with a for...loop to commit every 400 transactions. For instance, If you have 100,000 transactions to run, why not commit more often,instead of letting the rollback segment fill up? Do you need to rollback all of those transactions if something fails? Probably not, so commit more often and the problem will go away. ORA-01562 is a major symptom of this problem. I don't know the whole situation, but I hope this helps. Let me know if you are having anymore problems.

Rob Calfee
DBA
l_robert_c_at_yahoo.com