Re: Oracle Architecture

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:21:41 +0000

Marco wrote:

> I'm going to install Oracle in a Unix Cluster machine.
> I built a logical host with 4 disks for database. Is it the striping disk
> the better solution?
> Or is it better to have one disk not in striping for Redo Log files?
> If I put Redo log files on a striping disk can I have any performance
> problems?
> Thank you
>
> Eli

Eli
Depends on the amount of writing your database will do. If you are doing a lot of writes you DB MAY be better on a stripe. Also if ALL your datafiles/redos etc are on on stripe it MAY kill you performance on large amounts of writes.

Sometimes you have to test each configuration to see whats best for your application!

Martin Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 03:21:41 CST