Re: Internal password?

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:54:37 GMT

The internal user ONLY works in svrmgrl or other tools that allow logon when the database is not up. Just use the sys user in sql*Plus. The problem isn't the passwords being different it's that SQL*Plus can't be used if the database is down and has never recognized the internal user.
> --------------6AA01CCB903B452E303DA585
>
> I ran into a problem running a sql script with svrmgrl in
that it
> doesn't like the "set "options. So, I decided to to it as
sqlplus
> internal
> instead but the internal password is unknown to me
apparently.
> I thought it was suppossed to be the same as sys, but it is
not.
> Why? Should I use orapwd to re-synchronize them? What are
the
> ramifications? I haven't had a password file up to this
point, why

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8663&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7975 Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:54:37 CST