Re: error in creating a new db on solaris

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:54:09 GMT

The manual assumes you have ONE database up at a time. Very likely this is a second database? If you do not already have a database up then perhaps you killed the processes of the database leaving the semaphores allocated and they can't be reused.
Use the UNIX command to release the semaphore - check with system admin for this or bounce the box. If you do plan to have more than one database up at once the parameters given in the install were for ONE so they are too small for multiple databases.
> When I run the CREATE DATABASE script I get the following
error:

> ORA-07252: spcre: semget error, could not allocate semaphores
> Cause: semget system call returned an error. There is
possibly a resource
> limit
> problem.
> Action: Examine errno. Verify that enough semaphores are
available in
> sys-tem.
> If additional errors occur in destroying the semaphore sets,
then sercose[0]
> will be non-zero. If this occurs, remove the semaphore sets
using ipcrm.

> I have checked my /etc/system file and everything is
according to Oracle's

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8661&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7971 Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:54:09 CST