Re: Cant sqlplus /

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:44:12 GMT

Keep in mind what the sqlplus / does.
If you are logged on to the system as a user called mmm the / says you are logging on to Oracle as an Oracle user OPS$MMM (unless you set the os string to null or something besides the standard OPS$) Is there a OPS$MMM user in the Oracle database? (or whatever account you are using) What is the error you get?
> Hi, sorry to ask this basic question.
>
> I have just installed Oracle 8i on solaris with
account=oracle8i, and

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8614&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7388 Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:44:12 CST