Re: Can a Trigger call StoredProc(

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:42:17 GMT

Old and New let you look at EACH column in the record rather than the record.
For instance if I have table TABA with col1, col2, col3 :new.col1 is the value AFTER the insert or update and null for a delete
while :old.col1 is the value before the update or delete and is null for an insert. likewise :new.col2, :new.col3 and :old.col2, :old.col3
Help any?
Becca
> --------------9AA1C9108BA0B1B1A5DAE914
>
> Hi,
>
> What is the type of :new and :old records of a trigger ?
> Is there any possibility
> - to pass assign the :new variable in a trigger to
procedures

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8228&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7362 Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:42:17 CST