Re: Oracle 7 ODBC Driver - Repeated login and Timeout

From: Guido Scheuerman <guido_at_x-sitement.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:39:55 +0100

Hi,

we have almost the same problem.
We're running a call logging program called HEAT by Bendata. This program runs with an Oracle database perfectly. The reporttool provided with this program however can only work with an Access database.
We connected an Access 97 by ODBC to the Oracle database. We then connected the Access database to the reporttool.
When we start the reporttool it asks for a login. The dialogbox says 'Logon to Oracle'. The reporttool starts and when we run a query the same dialogbox pops up again and we have to logon again. This is the case for every query we run.

My question is:
Does the same course of action suggested in the answer apply for us ? And if not, could anyone propose a course of action we can take ?

Many thanks in advance...

Guido Scheuerman

Heber Ferraz-Leite <h.ferraz-leite_at_fsc.at> schreef in berichtnieuws 4aM34.34$ma5.330_at_news.chello.at...