Re: Oracle, multi thread and heavy load leads to access violation in ORA73.dll

From: <lempert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:41:12 GMT

In article <3854AC6E.51DE3427_at_ej.insta.fi>,   Suuronen Henri <henri.suuronen_at_ej.insta.fi> wrote:
> lempert_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > for a load of 50 transactions/sec I would expect at least 128MB of
RAM
> > and IDE disk of UDMA/66 disk+controller. Heavy load yields heavy
> > hardware.
>
> Do you mean on the server? The server is HP-UX 10.20 (9000-series)
with
> 512MB of RAM and 2*4GB UW-SCSI. The problem also occurs on a NT
server.

> --
> Henri Suuronen

Hi
1.I mean the client, since it was written that the client is running on workload of 50 transaction/sec.
2.Thinking again, 50 transaction/sec is much more than a client should bare . I would go to say that 5 is the max. More then 5 should be handeled by a dedicated application or DB server. The workload on the LAN for 50 transaction/sec is hugh.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 03:41:12 CST