NLS_DATE_FORMAT

From: Ezzedin Habib <ehabib_at_wantree.com.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:11:10 +0800

I am running Oracle Workgroup Server version 7.3.4.1.1 on a Windows NT 4.0 server with service pack 5.

In an attempt to set the date format to DD-MON-YYYY, I added the following: NLS_DATE_FORMAT="DD-MON-YYYY" to the init.ora file restarted the database but still it would accept and display dates in DD-MON-YY format. Next, I removed the "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\NLS_LANG registry entry and the database would display dates in DD-MON-YYYY format but would still accept DD-MON-YY in an insert or update and store the date value as DD-MON-00YY.

Has anybody encountered this problem and can anybody please tell how to solve it. In all my UNIX installation all I had to do is the change in the init.ora file and everything goes well. Thank you.

Regards,
Ezzedin Habib Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 01:11:10 CST