8i & linux... Net8 errors

From: <steve1868_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 02:41:06 GMT

I have some problems with Net8 too. I installed 8i on Linux60. I used netasst to configure Net8. However, it did not work. When I tried to connect sqlplus with service name, I got the following error message: ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name. I check tnsnames.ora nad listener.ora files; it seemed OK.

Any body have any clue?

Thanks

-Steve

In article <954.988T1464T12544023_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>,   "Lothar Armbrüster" <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de> wrote:
> John Goodens wrote at 13-Nov-99 00:05:19
> on the subject 8i & linux... no sqlnet joy:
>
> >Hello.
>
> >Installed 8i easily, seems the patch also patched everything o.k.
>
> >sqlplus just doesn't connect.
>
> The direct connect should work.
>
> >running "adapters oracle" shows that no protocols are bound.
>
> I encountered the same thing.
>
> >When I installed no protocols were found
> >Apparently this is is bug?
>
> >How do I fix this?
>
> Just call netasst (in $ORACLE_HOME/bin) to configure SQL*Net (or
should I
> write Net8? :-)
> You will have to start a listener with lsnrctl to be able to connect.
>
> >All I need is to open a sqlnet session.
>
> As I wrote above, the direct connection (i.e. sqlplus system/manager)
> works without sqlnet. So it should work right after installing Oracle
on
> your machine.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Lothar
>
> --
> Lothar Armbrüster | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
> Hauptstr. 26 | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de
> D-65346 Eltville |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 20:41:06 CST