Install Probs UNIX/8.0.5

From: Rick <rickb_at_mtvmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 18:08:03 -0500

Hi,

    new to Oracle admin and having several problems 1) When i try to install with the option of creating new dataabase objects it fails ssaying it cant write to the /ora02 directory i created. It is owned by the oracle user with r/w/x permissions. any body know wha'ts up

2) I ran the install without creating Db objects but I cant really tell if the database is starting, I dont think is is but the alert_mySID.log file show that startup went fine but i cant find the process. next to the log file, mySID_ora_736.trc says on the last line after listing Unix process pid' value it says 'OPIRIP: Uncaught error 1034. Error stack: ORA-01034'

3)When i try in servermanager (command line) if I try 'CONNECT @mySID' after entering the password the CPU goes to 100% and seems to hang. But if i say 'CONNECT internal' it return connected but every command returns ORACLE not available

4) lastly what is an OFA directory, can it just be a random directory on my hard drive or does it have to be on other media and does it require special formatting

sorry 4 newbie blabber, thanks in advance

rick Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 17:08:03 CST