Re: Urgent! Export...

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:21:27 GMT

On Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:45:37 GMT, ibm_97_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>We want to export part of a big table to a flat file. Since the data is
>very important, we also try to verify the export process is successful.
>
>Such as: big table A, we create a temporary table tmp_a which include
>part of A table, then export tmp_a to a flat file DAT. How can we
>verify DAT file contain the table tmp_a? One thought is to verify the
>total row number and row length, and then compare... But how can we do
>this?
>
>I know it sounds stupid, 'cause it doubts 'EXPORT' utility, but
>management.....

Are you talking about the Oracle Export utility? It doesn't create flat files. In order to create a flat file you can use Pl/SQL and dbms_file package which comes with Oracle. Or you can just make write a cool (tab separaged, comma delimited, whatever you need) script select * and spool it to a file. As for verifying if it is there, you'll just have to trust it, and not to delete the old DB or something, before that data is loaded somewhere else.

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email