DRG-11422: linguistic initialization failed

From: Jan Benjamins <j.benjamins_at_a1.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:55:46 +0100

Hi all,

I'm looking at Intermedia Text, but ran very fast at some problems

Platform : NT4 SP4 128 MB, Oracle 8.1.5.0.0

I had an initial problem when creating an index that seemed solved by adding references for external procedures to
tnsnames.ora according to a readme file:

ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent, it is possible that the net service name is not set up correctly in the TNSNAMES.ORA file. (bug 814699)

After adjusting my tnsnames.ora I didn't get that one any more but as mentioned in the subject.

I performed the following steps:

Command prompt:
 server ctxsrv -user ctxsys/ctxsys_at_or8i

SQL*Plus:

SQL>
SQL> create user test identified by test   2 default tablespace users
  3 temporary tablespace temp
  4 /

User created.

SQL> grant connect,resource, ctxapp to test;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> connect test/test_at_or8i
Connected.
SQL>
SQL> create table docs(
  2 pk number primary key,
  3 text long)
  4 /

Table created.

SQL> create index i_doc on docs(text) indextype is ctxsys.context; create index i_doc on docs(text) indextype is ctxsys.context *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-11422: linguistic initialization failed
DRG-00100: internal error, arguments : [52100],[drxf.c],[707],[gxtopen],[0]
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 122
ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 34
ORA-06512: at line 1

SQL> Oracle error documention:

DRG-11422 linguistic initialization failed

Cause: Linguistic services initialization failed; possibly out of memory.

Action: Restart the server.

Restarting server doesn't help.
I played with ctx_parameters settings DEFAULT_INDEX_MEMORY, MAX_INDEX_MEMORY and instance memory settings.
Explicitly granted excute on the ctx packages to TEST as CTXSYS.

I found some messages in deja archives posted in oracle newsgroups with the same errors, but in messages was no solution or direction described.

I don't know where to search anymore.

Anyone ?

Thanks

Jan Benjamins Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 15:55:46 CST