Installing 8.1.5 EE online docs on Linux using OUI

From: Dennis Robert Spexet <spexet_at_visi.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:56:34 -0500

Has anybody been able to install the docs from the online documentation CD (Oracle 8.1.5 EE media) onto a Linux (Red Hat 6.0) system using the OUI?

According to the documentation release notes at docs.oracle.com, this is done
by using the file "/(mountpoint)/INSTALL/docs_815.jar" as the source path, and
$ORACLE_HOME as the destination.

When I try doing this, however, I get a dialog box saying: "Invalid staging area.
There are no top level components for Linux available for install from this staging
area."

Am I missing something, or is there something amiss?

-Dennis Spexet, spexet_at_visi.com Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 14:56:34 CST