Re: Upgrade from 8.0.5.2 to 8.1.5 now, Is it Recommended?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:02:48 +0800

esorek_at_nectaris.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a production DB version 8.0.5.2, Sun Solaris 2.6 and we are
> Starting to test version 8.1.5.
>
> Does anyone has an experience with 8.1.5 as a production System,
> for a heavy Internet users workload Application?
>
> Is it Recommended to upgrade from 8.0.5.2 to 8.1.5 now?
> Has it been proven as stable for heavy workloads ?
>
> Or it might worth to wait for 8.1.6 which, To my Knowledge,
> is about to come out in few months ?
>
> Anybody knows Actual Dates for 8.1.6 for sun Solaris 2.6 ?
> And got any Recommendations Regarding this issue ?
>
> Thanks,
> Eyal Sorek
> Oracle DBA
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

8.1.5 is pretty much industrial strengths - its got a few glitches but nothing too catastrophic. That said, given Oracle's track record of dropping support for 'old' releases at a moments notice - I'd wait for the 8.1.6 release.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 05:02:48 CST