Oracle Forms Error Message 40508

From: Blue Sapphires <bluesapphires_at_chocolateyahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:27:58 GMT

(Please let me know if I should ask somewhere else.)

I'm getting the following error from Oracle when I try to COMMIT_FORM:
(From the Oracle Forms Documentation)

FRM-40508: ORACLE error: unable to INSERT record.

Cause: A fatal error occurred while Oracle Forms was trying to

        insert a record. The table associated with the current
        block of the form might not exist, your username might
        not have authority to perform the specified action on
        the table, or some other reason might have caused the
        fatal error.

Action: Contact your DBA.
Level: >25
Type: Error

     I know the table exists and I have access to it because I created the table. The block I'm using has 'delete allowed', 'insert allowed', and 'query allowed' properties set to 'True'.

     When I asked somewhere else, the person said it was more a database error than a forms error. He also suggested checking the default menu in Oracle but I'm not sure how to do it since this is a Unix OS on a Sun at school.

     I've already asked my professor (the dba) who had no idea. The project is due Tuesday and at this rate will never be finished. Any other suggestions of what could be the problem or what I could do?

TIA,
Lynn

--
It's as BAD as you think, and they ARE out to get you.

Remove chocolate from email address Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 09:27:58 CST