Re: Why does Oracle lock table in share mode?

From: Stefan Willfahrt <sw_at_debis.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:14:08 +0100

> This used to be influenced by indexing the foreign key or not. If there was
> an index on the foreign key, Oracle was raising row level locks. However if
> there was no index, Oracle would raise a table level lock. This problem has
> been adressed and I simply don't know whether that happened in 8.0 or 8i
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Hello Sybrand!

That was just the information I needed!

I just put an index on the foreign keys and now Oracle does not raise lmode=4 table locks anymore, it just raises row locks as it should ...

This saves me a lot of trouble ...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Bye
Stefan Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 08:14:08 CST