Re: Intall 8i to Linux

From: P A <pine1_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:50:36 GMT

It just so happens that my partner and I had the same freakin' problem. I'll bet ten bucks that you are using Gnome. Don't. Switch over to KDE and it will work fine. We kept bashing Oracle till they finally gave us some support and, believe it or not, this is a documented error. Don't know why they don't let the rest of the world know.

By the way, the next error that you'll get is bogus. Something like JNSL no languages found. Just hit okay or ignore and go on. the install will then work. we are about 2 steps ahead of you.

Ari Pine Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 21:50:36 CST