Sizeof in PL/SQL

From: Andrew Protasov <a_protasov_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 16:49:15 GMT

Hi,

Is there anything similar to C sizeof function in PL/SQL? For example, if I have something like

declare
 x varchar2(20);
 i integer;
begin
 i:=sizeof(x);
end;

value of i must be always 20.

There is vsize function, but it returns only current size, not maximum.

I know how to get column length from all_tab_columns, but it is too slow.

Andrew Protasov

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 10:49:15 CST