Help RH 6.1 Linux 8i Installation

From: <mike_at_oldlib.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:04:02 GMT

I'm not having much luck in trying to install Oracle 8i from CD onto a RedHat Linux 6.1 installation. I read numerous FAQs, etc. have installed the JRE 1.1.6v5 recommended by Oracle.

I'm running a KDE desktop and am directly executing the
/mnt/cdrom/install/Linux/runIns.sh script.

When running it always gives an error message:
/usr/local/jre/bin/../bin/checkVersions: /tmp/ldd.out.1146: Permission
denied

and then the install stops. Any ideas what I'm missing? As you can t ell I'm relatively new to Linux.

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA,
 Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 09:04:02 CST