Re: Oracle listener problem on AIX:

From: terry norman <scott_at_tiger9.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:41:23 -0000

Michael, All,

Hi. I have just had this problem exactly, this evening.Although I wasn't involved before, I am told we have had this before, one or two weeks ago.

lsnrctl status just displayed the Oracle Corp. copyright line and one other line then just hung.
lsnrctl start and lsnrctl stop : they just hung. Users couldn't connect, so I had the machine re-booted.

After that it was ok again.

There is nothing in the listener.log file.

I spoke to Oracle Corp. support just to see if it sounded familiar but nothing came to mind as a known problem in this area. Michael, can you tell me, have you got listener tracing set to admin? I haven't, but I think I should set it to admin, only I wonder, does it produce large amounts of trace information and / or slow the application down? In fact, if you have already got admin tracing on, does it tell you anything?

There's definitely something wrong here if two unrelated sites are experiencing exactly the same problem.

Michael, hope to hear from you, TIA,

Regards,
Terry Norman.

MIchael J. <mjNOmjSPAM_at_procon.dk.invalid> wrote in message news:0c2df4d6.d6d70a83_at_usw-ex0110-073.remarq.com...
> Oracle listener problem on AIX:
>
> Running AIX ver. 4.3.2., Oracle 7.3.4.4, Listener version
> 2.3.4.0.0, we experience a problem with the
> listener, which hangs, during runtime. All of a sudden, no
> connections can be established and users
> already connected can't use their application.
> On a ps -ef the Listener figures as running, and
> appaerently it is not spinning. The listener can't be
> stopped by using lsnrctl stop, but only with the kill
> command. After this, the listener can be restarted
> in a few cases, but mostly we have to reboot the entire
> system. When this occurs, the error messages we
> get when issuing lsnrctl start is:
>
> Starting /oracle73/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...
>
> TNSLSNR for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 2.3.4.0.0 -
> Production
> System parameter file
> is /oracle73/network/admin/listener.ora
> Log messages written to /oracle73/network/log/listener.log
> Listening on: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(DEV=6)(KEY=imp))
> Attempted to listen on: (DESCRIPTION=(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=10)
> (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)
> TNS-12542: TNS:address already in use
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00512: Address already in use
>

> The following has been seen when trying to get a status
> from the listener:
>
> LSNRCTL for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 2.3.4.0.0 -
> Production on 20-OCT-0
>
> Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1994. All rights reserved.
>
> Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=imp))
> TNS-12224: TNS:no listener
> TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00511: No listener
> IBM/AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 79: Connection refused
> Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=cwts7a)
> (Port=1521))
>

> TNS-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination
> TNS-12535: TNS:operation timed out
> TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> TNS-00505: Operation timed out
> IBM/AIX RISC System/6000 Error: 78: Connection timed out
> Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=cwts7a)
> (Port=1526))
>

> Listener.ora file:
>
> LISTENER =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=IPC)
> (KEY= imp)
> )
> (ADDRESS =
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)
> (Host = 172.16.31.1)
> (Port = 1521)
> )
> (ADDRESS =
> (PROTOCOL = TCP)
> (Host = 172.16.31.1)
> (Port = 1526)
> )
> )
> STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
> CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
> # TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = 16
> TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF
> SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> [...]
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 14:41:23 CST