Re: NO_EXPAND Hint

From: Charley Hudson <charley.hudson_at_jda.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:04:44 -0600

ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com writes:

>> The Phrase "appears to be not documented until 8i" is
NOT True. Attached is

                Note which clearly establishes this fact.<<

I stand corrected for not making my statement more precise. I am able to see references to the NO_EXPAND hint in 5 different hits that come up under Metalink 2.0 searching on the keyword NO_EXPAND. These hits are all on Published Notes ( 2 of them in patch notes) so I concede that NO_EXPAND is "documented"

None of these Metalink hits corresponds to the note quoted by ykhogaly. Thanks for quoting this note in its entirety. Can you tell me the source of this note? (Perhaps it got lost in the move from Metalink 1.7?)

So, more precisely, I was concerned that I could not find NO_EXPAND documented in the Oracle Documentation set that is on my Oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise Server CDROM, specifically in the Oracle Tuning Guide, where I would expect all the supported hints to be documented. I DO find it documented in the Oracle 8i Tuning Guide.

Charley Hudson
JDA Arthur Product Development - Ann Arbor, Mi. mailto:charley.hudson_at_jda.com <mailto:charley.hudson_at_jda.com> Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 14:04:44 CST