Re: Fractured Block 8.0.5

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:59:53 GMT

Hi Jonathan,

I suspect that the disk is faulty. The buffer cannot have been reconstructed from redo, because this happened during a buffer read, not instance recovery. The fact that you did not get an ORA-1578 error indicates that the situation was resolved with a 'buffer read retry'. However, the tail value could never have been valid. Therefore this is not an in-flux buffer being written by another node of an OPS database, or a fractured block due to a system crash.

Check the hardware diagnostic logs for the disk, and if you find any errors or warnings, I suggest you have it replaced.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/