Advanced Replication question

From: AleX <alexx_at_dock.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:37:10 GMT

 Hi!

I'm on 8.0.5.1, doing symmetric replication in a multi-master environment. I was wondering if there's a way to quiesce a group, yet be able to insert into/delete/update on the tables in this group. Oracle Support said that it's not possible, but what do they know anyways.

If this is not possible, then I was wondering how do people perform replication admin stuff in a production environment without rendering the replicated tables temporarily unusable. I mean, if you have to add a table to one of your groups you've gotta quiesce that group, unless I'm serously missing something.
--

                 Alex Shterenberg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 19:37:10 CST