Bug in 8i InterMedia Text?

From: Helmut Swaczinna <Helmut.Swaczinna_at_wmd.de>
Date: 10 Dec 1999 23:52:09 GMT

Hi,

I've build a german default text index on a text column, which contains german text, and I discoverd a problem with the stemming operator ($). When I apply the stemming operator to nouns (everything beginnig with a uppercase letter) it works as expected. But applying it to verbs or adjectives (everything beginning with a lowercase letter), I got error messages from the context server.

Examples:

select * from bild
where contains(bil_fulltext, '$Hoch') > 0; ...
905 Zeilen ausgewählt

select * from bild
where contains(bil_fulltext, '$hoch') > 0;

ORA-29902: Fehler bei der Ausführung von Routine ODCIIndexStart()
ORA-20000: ConText error:
DRG-50921: EQUIV operand not a word or another EQUIV expression

I think, this is an internal error. With Context 2.x, this query works.

Any idea?

Helmut Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 17:52:09 CST