OCI've a problem

From: André Scholten <andre.scholten_at_klm.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:16:57 +0100

Help anybody,

I have a problem with Oracle 7.3.4. In ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo there are some sample programs. One of them is cdemo2.c. It should theoraticly be a simple version of PL/SQL. So if I enter the very complex query 'SELECT .8 FROM DUAL;' it returns:

 .8
---
  0

I expected something else. After trying to debug the progam I found out that the function odescr() returned a precision of 0 and a scale of 0. So the program thinks it's an integer.
How can I determine if the resulting column will contain a float?

André Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 17:16:57 CST