Re: Fast partial-word matching? Does it exist?

From: <moerkd_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:46:32 GMT

In article
<damonhastings-0812992227150001_at_dial-109-27.ots.ut exas.edu>,
  damonhastings_at_yahoo.com (Damon Hastings) wrote:
> I'm looking for a database (or database plug-in)
that can do arbitrary
> substring searches very quickly on a mostly-text
database, or possibly
> even regexp searches. Whole-word indexing is
not enough, here; I have to
> support partial-word matching at the very least.
Maybe I'm just not
> looking hard enough, but it seems most databases
I've surveyed will just
> read through all records sequentially! Not very
useful when you have a
> multi-gigabyte database. I need something that
will build some sort of
> index (e.g. a suffix tree, or whatever) to
support very fast arbitrary
> substring searches. I'd prefer something that
runs under linux, but I'd
> also be willing to consider other platforms if
nothing suitable is
> available under linux. And if a pre-canned
solution isn't available, I'd
> also take a look at any C, C++, or Perl
libraries.

> Thanks for any help,
>
> Damon Hastings

Hi,

we are using Context Option on a ORACLE 7.3.4 with that Tool you can search in words or in parts of a word.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 14:46:32 CST