lost datafile

From: Boris Bliznukov <blib_at_dnm.it>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:36:36 +0100

Dear All,

Accidentally I deleted one table space data file. As usual there is no backup :( There are about 10 different table spaces in this database. Is there any way to save data in other table spaces ??? I was trying to create a new database create table space with exactly same parameters and substitute it for missing one. But Oracle complains about "ORA-01251: Unknown File Header Version read for file number 17". Did anyone had this kind of problem?

SVRMGR>
SVRMGR> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                        110021040 bytes
Fixed Size                                          51632 bytes
Variable Size                                    58679296 bytes
Database Buffers                                 51200000 bytes
Redo Buffers                                        90112 bytes
Database mounted.
ORA-01157: cannot identify data file 17 - file not found ORA-01110: data file 17: '/tmp/ora/tmp_ddm01.dbf' SVRMGR> Regards, Boris.

--
*** "I always wanted to be somebody,
*** but I should have been more specific." Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 13:36:36 CST