Can Crystal Reports use Oracle Bind variables?

From: <pmerks1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:10:25 GMT

We have some highly iterative reports that do thousands of sql calls within a master loop. I've traced the sql and examined tkprof and all the calls are executing and fetched very, very fast and are very efficient. However, the parse overhead is very high - more then 90% of the trace time is spent parsing. The problem is that each one of these thousands of calls is considered a different call rather then using a bind variable so it has to be repeatedly reparsed.

Since many of the other development tools or languages support bind variables like Java, PL/SQL, Dev 2K and PB can all be set-up to use bind variables I am wondering if there is some setting or 'trick' that can be used to have Crystal work in the same way?

Pete

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 10:10:25 CST